Nutrition Made Simple
Menu Labeling Is In Effect
As of May 7th 2018, all forms of menus (electronic and printed versions) are required to have calorie counts disclosed next to each menu item, along with providing additional nutrition information to the Guest, upon request. Nutrition Made Simple is here to offer Simple Solutions for what could be a daunting task. Our proven multi check system focuses on the details. Starting with a thorough review of all menus, next we calculate values based up regulatory code, followed by menu proofing for accuracy. Finally, we will create an additional information document that meets regulatory requirements.
ARE YOU COMPLIANT?
Does this apply to me?
- Are there 20 or more locations?
- That conducts business under the same name (regardless of the type of ownership)?
- Selling substantially the same menu items?
If you answered YES to all of these questions above then YES it applies to you
Is This Considered A Menu?
- Does it list the name or image of a standard menu item?
- Can it be used by the customer to make an order selection at the time the customer views it?
If you answered YES to both of the questions above then YES it is a menu
General Requirements For National Menu Labeling
- List the calories contained in each standard menu item as usually prepared and offered for sale adjacent to the name or price.
- Post prominently on the menu or menu board a succinct statement concerning suggested daily caloric intake, as specified by FDA.
- Post a prominent, clear and conspicuous statement regarding the availability of additional nutrition information.
- Maintain additional nutrition information on the premises, to be made available to consumers upon request.